First Dose of the Pfizer Vaccine

So not going to lie, I was skeptical. I was skeptical about getting the vaccine, even knowing that I had already made up my mind to get it. 
My wife, was one of the states earliest cases of the vaccine in the state way back when Trump and many others where still routinely calling it the Wuhan virus or Chinese virus.

We had no clue what the virus was about, the media was pushing fear and doom putting everyone in a frenz and there was very little real reliable information out there about what was real and not real with this vaccine. Well all I know still for a fact is my wife got it in bad way. Like a very bad case of Covid that rocked her world and me... I got nothing. Not even a sniffle even though I was quarantined with her. Shared bed with her, breathed her air kissed her, took that virus in deep in my lungs and had kept constantly exposed to it in the home with her.

She recovered, I came out of quarantine. I have had a couple Covid-19 tests and negative I still am, antibody's testing came back negative as well. So I was skeptical to get vaccinated against something my body already found it can take in and handle. So why subject myself to a vaccine against something my body has faced already and has found it doesn't need protection from. 

Well I have my reason, not going to get into them here. Point is I am vaccinated with the first dose now.

Place is the Old Circuit City location in the town of Dartmouth. They have the Johnson and Johnson shot here they are advertising loudest, (through signage) and then the Pfizer as well. SouthCoast Ambulance is on standby and the the staff is small for the big area, the population here being vaccinated is even smaller.

Well the process was quick though. Check in had only wanted my I'd and the info off of it as well as email and phone number. Reminded me is next shot is in 21 days. And then brought over to the area for my shot. 

Different tables set up I went to sit at number 4. Got my shot by an LPN after a few questions from her partner sitting at the desk. Ok to share my information, and do I consent to this blah blah blah... Obviously yes to both. LPN asked any reactions to meds that I needed an Epi-pen or hospitalizion. Have I had Covid already, do I take any immunosuppresant meds... Yada yada yada.. All No.

Then I get the shot.

In the right arm upper muscle on an downward press. Almost painless.
She reminds me to drink lots of fluids take Tylenol if I feel I need it. And to remember to keep moving my arm.

I go sit down to wait out my 15 min to leave incase of adverse reactions. I Not long after my arm gets sore.

As I wait till I get to leave the place is emptying out even more. 

But that it, I feel fine, just annoyed that i got the shot. 
Overall, I am glad I got the shot when I did. The place will be closing about a week after my second dose though so that is that. I would rather get it now while precautions are under the strictest of scrutiny on transporting, storing and administering the vaccine. Better to get the vaccine now then when the dose start finding they are "still good past shelf life" or people become more relaxed with transporting at these extreme cold temperatures and tossing the vaccine if it's been out of the freezer fore more than 6 hours. 

But I digress... 

 5 Days later: No symptoms after the first dose for myself. 
Others that I know whom received that first dose of Pfizer though have had mild flu like symptoms and pretty strong fatigue. Not all, Seems many in the older category though have more or less no symptoms in comparison to their younger peers.

Also, my wife has rheumatoid arthritis (newly diagnosed this year) and she had mild symptoms after the first shot and slightly stronger symptoms after the second shot. She also had Covid-19 in a bad way though and these effects were a lot damper coming out of the virus by just over a year recoverd.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EMS avoids Nursing home patients

Coronavirus vaccine in Fall River